August 4: Vaccine Requirement for Students, Faculty and Staff
Dear CSB and SJU Students, Faculty and Staff,
We are enthused to welcome you to campus in a few short weeks. This message is to inform you about an update to our COVID campus vaccination policy for the start of the academic year. These polices and protocols are based on recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) and American College Health Association (ACHA).
In June, we communicated with you that broadly available vaccination in our region and low transmission rates made it possible for most normal campus operations to resume. While most normal campus operations are still possible, the overall situation, however, has changed with the highly contagious delta variant spreading rapidly. Infection rates in Minnesota are once again moving in the wrong direction.
Given these factors, the College of Saint Benedict and Saint John’s University are requiring all students, faculty and staff to be fully vaccinated, with at least one vaccine dose having been administered before returning to campus for fall semester (Aug. 24 for employees and Aug. 26 for students). Compliant with Minnesota’s Immunization Law, there will be an opportunity to request an exemption.
Student Vaccination Reporting and Exceptions:
- Students, please submit your vaccine record at: COVID Vaccination Record Submission.
- If a student intends to request an exemption, please visit the link for additional instructions and protocols you will need to follow: COVID Exemption Record Submission
Employee Vaccination Reporting and Exceptions:
- Employees, please submit your vaccine record at: COVID Vaccination Record Submission, even if you have previously submitted information on your vaccination status on the COVID-19 website.
- If employees intend to request an exemption, please visit the link for additional instructions and protocols you will need to follow: COVID Exemption Record Submission
- If you do not have access to vaccine, please search the Minnesota Vaccine Connector to find vaccine locations across the state.
- Please visit our COVID-19 website for a list of FAQ’s and contact information for staff who can assist you.
This decision is driven by our desire to provide a safe, on-campus experience for our students and employees this fall and gives us the best chance for in-person classes, athletic events, community living and all the benefits our community has to offer. Following our guiding Benedictine values, we will continue to care for our community and show respect for all persons. We appreciate your flexibility and willingness to be adaptable for the good of the entire community.
Laurie Hamen, J.D. James H. Mullen, Jr., Ed.D.
Transitional President Transitional President
College of Saint Benedict Saint John’s University