May 4: COVID-19 Update
Dear CSB/SJU Students, Parents, and Employees:
On behalf of the entire Pandemic Planning Committee, I want to thank you for the efforts you have all taken to protect our community over this past year. It is due to your support and cooperation that we that have been able to maintain an in-person experience.
I am happy to share that our COVID positive case count has trended down in the past few weeks, and we have been discussing plans for fall semester. As we expressed last year, our goal is to have a robust, in-person student experience.
Based on our current status, we are making the following changes to our policies and procedures:
- We strongly recommend that individuals stay up-to-date with their COVID vaccinations. We will no longer require COVID vaccinations or boosters for students or employees.
- Please note that a limited number of majors, such as Nursing, may have COVID vaccination requirements in order to complete off-campus elements of the program.
- CSB/SJU-sponsored international programs will still require students to be up-to-date with COVID vaccinations.
- We will no longer be performing contact tracing for students or employees. If you test positive for COVID, please follow the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) recommendations regarding your close contacts: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/daily-life-coping/contact-tracing.html
As a reminder, please stay in your local residence or home, and get tested if you are feeling ill.
It is important to note that we will continue to monitor the pandemic situation and consult with the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) and the CDC throughout the summer. We may have to adjust mitigations if the situation changes.
Casey Gordon, PhD
Chair, CSB/SJU Pandemic Planning Committee
- [email protected]
- 320-363-3300 (general questions)
- 320-363-5370 (medical questions related to COVID-19)