FAQs for Alumnae/i and Friends
- Will Saint Ben’s and Saint John’s continue to hold alumnae/i and donor events?
- All group events for alumnae/i and/or donors will not be held between now and July 30. This includes off-campus events as well as on-campus gatherings. Some events may be rescheduled at a later time. Please refer to the Alumnae and Alumni Events pages on the website for up-to-date information.
- Will Reunion 2020 be held as planned on June 26-28?
No, we have made the difficult decision to cancel this summer’s on-campus alum Reunion 2020 event scheduled for June 26-28.
As alumnae/i, we have built our collective identities around our sense of community at Saint Ben’s and Saint John’s. So anything that stands in the way of us gathering together to share that spirit is disappointing. But right now, this global fight against COVID-19 demands we work together by staying apart. Therefore, we have decided to postpone Reunion 2020 which had been planned for June 26-28, 2020.
Instead, our 0 and 5 alumnae/i will celebrate your Reunion at an even bigger celebration at Reunion 2021 alongside our 1 and 6 alumnae/i. Reunion 2021 will take place June 25-27, 2021, and we can’t wait to host you back on campus for what promises to be an epic celebration. You will have your own time with your classmates at Reunion 2021. Please save the date.
We know how much our alumni look forward to coming back to our campuses. Summer Reunion has been an overwhelming success and a highlight of our year. By definition, you’ve been waiting five years for this gathering – we don’t take that lightly. If you have questions about Reunion, you can find the most up-to-date information at csbsjureunion.com.
- How can I help students who might need financial assistance?
- Saint Ben’s and Saint John’s have created emergency funds for students who might need financial assistance because of the virus. Funds may be used to purchase transportation home or to underwrite food and lodging expenses during the transition. Donors may also donate Frequent Flyer miles (Delta miles are particularly useful). To support students during this emergency, please Give to CSB Student Emergency Fund or Give to SJU Student Emergency Fund.