Hosting A CE Day Event
Participation in Community Engagement Days:
- Programs offered/available on these days will be curated. Events that are not selected for Community Engagement Days are encouraged to find a spot during the CE weekend. Only curated events will happen on Community Engagement Fridays to manage resources and nurture engagement.
- Proposed events will be assessed on a rubric that will consider:
- applicability to the Institutional Learning Goals
- complementary nature to the signature events
- value for the entire campus
- cross community interaction and/or transformative inclusion experiences
- Departments offering events are encouraged to spread out their participation so that CE Days can highlight a variety of campus initiatives and opportunities.
While we will share signature events in advance, a release of the full schedule for each CE Day will happen on a rolling basis two weeks before in order to encourage ongoing inspiration and access. Event submissions for each CE Day are due by 5 p.m. on the prior CE Day.
We hope to create enticing, enriching opportunities on Community Engagement Days—as an integrated key part of the CSB/SJU experience within the block schedule. We want to affirm and encourage all students who participate. Participating students will be entered into a randomized drawing for gift cards. Each CE Day, four students who participate in the event will be selected for a $20 gift card. Students who participate in all three days during the semester will be entered into a randomized drawing for two $50 gift cards.