Textbook Buyback Information
TEXTBOOK BUYBACK - If you have unwanted textbooks you no longer need, you can use our trusted affilate to see if your books are worth anything. CLICK HERE to enter your book information. Follow the directions on that site to send the books to our wholesaler to get a check back. We will offer anohter in-house buyback mid to late spring semester.
RETURN YOUR BLOCK A, B & C RENTALS NOW!
If you rented textbooks from CSB/SJU Bookstores for use in Block A, B or C, please return them now, so you don’t forget.
You will be charged for any rentals not returned at the end of the semester.
For more information, email [email protected] or call 800-420-4509.
Textbooks are a commodity and buyback prices are based on national demand. When instructors at CSB/SJU order textbooks for courses next semester, we create a buyback list. If we know which books are needed and we are not already overstocked, the price you will get back is based upon current market value. If the instructor has not submitted an order, you have the option to sell your books at the current market value to a used book company. That value, determined by used book companies, is based upon the national demand for the book and whether or not it is a current edition.
What affects the resale value of your book?
- Instructor has notified the Bookstore that your book will be reused and the Bookstore needs additional quantities.
- Instructor has discontinued use of your book or has not notified the Bookstore that your book will be used again.
- The Bookstore already has sufficient quantities of your book.
- Your book has been published in an updated version and has little or no dollar value.
- The condition of your book may be too poor or incomplete to be resold – i.e. study guides, workbooks, textbooks with discs, maps, charts, etc.
- National demand determines resale value of books that have been discontinued on your campus.