We are OPEN - Monday - Friday from 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. Visit our HOURS page for updated information. We will be processing web orders several days each week. Your credit card will not be charged until we process your order. If you have questions about your order, you can email us and we will respond as we can.
Here are some of the things we are doing:
Shopping in our stores
Customer and staff safety are of utmost importance to us. We are doing the following to help keep you safe:
-Face coverings are required for all shoppers in our stores
-Physical barriers have been installed at our check out and service desk areas
-Additional cleaning procedures have been established to wipe down frequently touched surfaces
-To ensure social distancing can be maintained, the maximum occupancy of the CSB Bookstore is 40 and the SJU Bookstore is 50.
- All textbooks (no matter which campus your class is on) will be at the St. John’s Bookstore. This allows just ONE LINK from your student detail schedule to your entire book list. It means just ONE LOGIN and ONE CHECKOUT.
- Due to social distancing and capacity restrictions within our stores, all textbook purchases through our bookstore must be made online.
- We encourage you to order your books for all your classes at the beginning of the semester. This will ensure you have all your course materials should you need to quarantine or go home.
- Keep your receipt. If your professor changes their required book list, we will work with you to return unneeded books confirmed by your Professor. Textbooks returns can be done at both the CSB and SJU Bookstore.
- Return your rented books when you are done using them. You can return them to the CSB or SJU Bookstore. This will help make sure you don’t accrue any additional charges at the end of the semester. We will send out a book rental reminder that list the books you rented at the end of every block.
- Do not open new textbooks, packages or access code cards until the block they will be used in.
- More classes are using our Direct Access program. This program allows you to access your digital textbook and other digital content on the Canvas page for your course. You have the option to “opt out” of the program if you choose to not get your textbook in this manner. After the third day of the block, your student account will be charged for the content. You will receive emails approximately one week before the class begins with information on how to access the content.
- We’ve updated our textbook refund policy for the Block schedule.
- Look the for course notes on your book list for each of your classes, this is found above each course.
- We have expanded our eBook collection, so you may have access to a completely digital version of your textbooks. When looking at your book list, you do not need to order both the eBook and hardcopy of the book- only choose 1 version to order.
How to order your textbooks from our website
The CSB/SJU Bookstores have been working on a comprehensive course material plan to help simplify your textbook ordering and keep you safe. Textbook ordering will be different this year, here are some important things to know.
Books will be available for purchase online beginning August 4. Once you receive an email saying your schedule is ready, you can order your course materials.
- Log into your Banner Account and click Student Services. Click on Registration. Select Student Detail Schedule and pick Fall 2020 in the dropdown menu.
- Click on the link at the bottom of your schedule. Course materials for all classes are stocked at the St. John’s Bookstore.
- Choose which textbook option you want: new, used, rental, ebook (click here for more information)
- Create an account for the St. John’s Bookstore. Please use your campus email address.
- Choose your payment method. You can charge textbooks and supplies to your tuition account. Choose Student ID and enter your 9-digit Banner ID number.
- Choose your shipping method. Take advantage of FREE ground shipping through August 20. After August 20, you can choose to pick up your order at either the CSB or SJU Bookstore. Remember to bring your Order Confirmation Number and Student ID.
- From August 1-20, in store pick up will only be allowed for those students that are already on campus or cannot have their orders shipped home, such as out of state and International students.
- Review and complete your purchase. You will receive an email confirmation. You will need the order number for pick up.
Staff will continue to monitor email, please reach out to us with questions [email protected]
We appreciate your patience as we navigate this unprecedented situation. You may find regular updates about the campus response to coronavirus and ways to protect yourself at https://www.csbsju.edu/covid-19