Conversatio, or conversion of life, is an ongoing process, one that helps us walk continually in the presence of God.
"Your way of acting should be different from the world's way." R.B. 4.20
What is a Benedictine Oblate? by Fr. Michael Peterson, Mary Stommes, Nick Tangen, and Holly Christie
Happiness: Benedictine Style by Sr. Michaela Hedican and Br. David Paul Lange
Musings on Monastic Mergers by Sr. Michaela Hedican
Once a Johnnie, Always a Johnnie by Fr. Lew Grobe
Spirituality for Everyday Living by Brian Taylor, Ch. 1 (available in Quad 241 & Alcuin Library)
Beyond the Walls: Monastic Wisdom for Everyday Life by Paul Wilkes, Ch. 3 (available in Quad 241 & Clemens Library)
St. Benedict's Toolbox by Jane Tomaine, page 108-120
- Tool #1: What Kind of Follower Am I?
- Tool #2: Practicing the Presence of God
- Tool #3: Keeping Death Before Our Eyes
- Tool #4: The Tools for Good Works
- Tool #5: Dealing with Our Thoughts
- Tool #6: Being Quiet with God through Centering Prayer