Overview of Program
A CSB/SJU art degree is intended to prepare students for careers or further education in art. For the non-major, this education provides a preliminary understanding of art forms, the creative process and a beginning ability to employ critical analysis.
- You begin your journey by choosing a concentration in studio art and/or a major in studio art with a minor in art education.
- We stress both a historical view of art as well as a cross-cultural approach to learning about the diversity of art forms.
- We encourage our seniors to pursue internships, independent learning projects and a final thesis project.
- We have a national reputation for excellence in undergraduate education.
- Students will experience working in well-equipped studio classrooms, and have access to personal studio work space.
- Our visiting artists program brings professional artists to campus each year to speak with students, critique works, and present master classes.