Art Studio Major
Concentration in Studio Art (48 Credits)
For Art course descriptions, see the Academic Course Catalog.
- ART 118, Design 2D/4D Arts (4)
- ART 119, 3D Arts/Drawing (4)
- ART 230, Art History: Neolithic to 1400 (4)
- ART 248, Sophomore Topics (4) Offered Fall Semester
- ART 260, Art History: 1400 to 1850 (4)
- ART 300, Art History: Modern Contemporary Art (4)
- ART 344, Critical Theory (4) Offered Fall semester
- ART 351, Senior Studio Thesis Part I (4) Offered Fall Semester
- ART 352, Senior Studio Thesis Part II (4) Offered Spring Semester
- 12 credits selected from the 200 and/or 300 level Studio courses with at least 4 credits at the 300 level
A portfolio review precedes admission to the department. A senior exhibition is required for graduation.
Students are encouraged to avoid narrow specialization and select a broad range of subjects, ie painting, sculpture, printmaking, etc.
Prerequisites for Art 351: all 100 and 200 level requirements for the major.
Prerequisites for Art 344 Critical Theory: Art 300 Modern and Contemporary Art History