CSB/SJU Inclusion Visioning Statement
The College of Saint Benedict and Saint John’s University believe that an excellent liberal arts education requires an understanding and appreciation of cultural difference and that everyone deserves to feel safe and morally valued. To that end, we will challenge our own practices and systems. Our commitment to an inclusive environment will be incorporated into all decision-making processes. We dedicate ourselves to cultivating an equitable, inclusive community founded on respect for all persons. We commit to:
- Foster a learning and working environment that reflects respect for all persons
- Make decisions in accordance with our commitment to inclusivity
- Promote inclusion via self-reflection and professional development
- Respond to the common call of Catholic Social Justice Teaching and Benedictine values to dismantle systems of oppression
- Share and engage these practices in all that we do in the classroom, across our campuses and in the greater world
Photo credit: Members of the CSB/SJU community protest outside of Sexton and Gorecki bus stops on February 7, 2017 after Johnnies chanted “Build that wall” on the Link, Sam Butterfass, The Record, February 10, 2017.