Young Alum Committee
The mission of the Young Alum Committee of College of Saint Benedict and Saint John's University is to bridge and foster the life-long relationship between the young alums (defined as 10 years or less out of college) and their alma maters. Inspired by the Benedictine values and the missions of Saint Ben's and Saint John's: we connect, guide, and evolve to meet the needs of young Bennies and Johnnies.
The YAC volunteers believe: "The walls of our unique community don't stop in St. Joseph or Collegeville. We strive to help young Bennie and Johnnie alums strengthen their existing friendships and build new ones. We seek to enrich their lives socially and professionally by hosting fun events that help alums and help others."
Join the CSB/SJU Young Alum Community Facebook group to keep in touch, share experiences and stories and pass on the tradition.
The Young Alum Committee is overseen by CSB and SJU staff liaisons from the offices of institutional advancement who together with CSB and SJU alum co-chairs and special projects/secretaries, work with four CSB and four SJU alum volunteers who provide programming opportunities for young alums in the following pillar areas:
- Personal/Professional Development
FY20 Recruitment and Application Schedule
- January: Accept new member applications and nominations.
- May 2019: Close application form.
- Jan-May: Review applications and interview applicants (rolling basis).
- Late May: Determine and confirm placement of new members.
- Late June: Host Transition Retreat at CSB/SJU (for all new and existing members).
- July 2018 (TBD in Twin Cities): Host Orientation & Planning Meeting (for all new and existing members).
To apply to be a Young Alum Committee member, review the general member position description and complete the online YAC Application Form. Please note that applications will be reviewed and interviews scheduled on a rolling basis, as they are received.