Young Alum Committee
The mission of the Young Alum Committee of College of Saint Benedict and Saint John's University is to bridge and foster the life-long relationship between the young alums (defined as 10 years or less out of college) and their alma maters. Inspired by the Benedictine values and the missions of Saint Ben's and Saint John's: we connect, guide, and evolve to meet the needs of young Bennies and Johnnies.
The YAC volunteers believe: "The walls of our unique community don't stop in St. Joseph or Collegeville. We strive to help young Bennie and Johnnie alums strengthen their existing friendships and build new ones. We seek to enrich their lives socially and professionally by hosting fun events that help alums and help others."
Join the CSB/SJU Young Alum Community Facebook group to keep in touch, share experiences and stories and pass on the tradition.
The Young Alum Committee is overseen by CSB and SJU staff liaisons from the offices of institutional advancement who, together with CSB and SJU YAC members, work to provide programming for young alums. Current open positions for the 2019-2020 YAC term are:
- Events Coordinator
- REDTalks Speaker Coordinator
- REDTalks Sponsorship and Volunteer Coordinator
- Personal/Professional Development Coordinator
FY20 Recruitment and Application Schedule
- May: Accept new member applications and nominations.
- June 24, 2019: Close application form.
- July: Review applications and interview applicants (rolling basis).
- August: Determine and confirm placement of new members.
- Late August/Early September (TBD in Twin Cities): Host Orientation & Planning Meeting (for all new and existing members.
To apply to be a Young Alum Committee member, review the current open position descriptions and complete the online YAC Application Form. Please note that applications will be reviewed and interviews scheduled on a rolling basis, as they are received.