Reunion 2019 Final Details
We are excited to welcome you home to Saint Ben's and Saint John's for your reunion! The forecast for Central Minnesota this weekend calls for a chance of thunderstorms with some sun and highs ranging from the mid to high 70s. Here are some last-minute details before the big weekend.
First stop is to pick up your registration materials and check in.
- If you are staying at Saint Ben's, check in at the Gorecki Center. Temporary parking is available in Lot P5 outside of Gorecki.
- If you are staying at Saint John's, check in at Brother Willie's Pub in Sexton Commons. Temporary parking is available in the Mary Lot (Lot P7) outside of Sexton.
- If you are not staying on campus, check in on the campus where the Reunion events you will be attending for the day are taking place.
After checking in, please park your car in the lot designated for you near your housing.
- At Saint Ben's, if you are not staying on campus, please park in Lots P8, P9 or P10. View CSB campus map.
- At Saint John's, if you are not staying on campus, please park in either Mary Lot (P7), Flagpole Lot (P8), Church North Lot & Church South Lot (P4) or Flynntown Lot (P12). View SJU campus map.
Buses will be running on a schedule between campuses all weekend.
All nametags will be available on both campuses, so you can pick yours up wherever is easier for you.
Every room comes with the following basic amenities:
- bedding: blanket, pillow and sheets
- complimentary guest wireless access (see details below)
- set of towels
- small bar of soap
We suggest you bring the following items:
- alarm clock
- ice and a cooler, if you are bringing food or beverages
- lawn chair(s), residence halls will have minimal furniture
- reading lamp
- shampoo, conditioner, body wash and other toiletries
- shower shoes or sandals
- small fan
- extra blanket (most rooms are air-conditioned, so temperatures may vary)
You are welcome to bring sleeping bags and air mattresses for use in your room. Those staying in West Apartments, Luetmer, Flynntown Apartments/Metten Court, and Vincent Court will have a full kitchen in their room. All residence halls are air-conditioned except Patrick, Boniface and Thomas at SJU.
Pets are not allowed in any residence hall.
Accessibility: At SJU Benet, Flynntown Apartments, Patrick, Thomas and Virgil Michel have elevators. At CSB most residence halls have elevators, with the exception of West Apartments.
Please visit the Central Minnesota Visitor's Guide if you wish to stay off campus.
Complimentary coffee will be served at the following locations:
- At CSB: First floors in Lottie, Margretta and Brian, in the Luetmer second floor lounge, and Gorecki lobby.
- At SJU: McKeown Center and Brother Willie's Pub - along with light breakfast snacks
Your name tag will get you into the meals for which you've paid.
Upon arriving at Reunion 2019, all meals are non-refundable. All other meals can be added once you are at reunion, but all attendees are required to pay the registration fee.
If you wish to eat at Gorecki or the Refectory (see campus amenities for open times), these meals can be purchased on site.
If you'd like to add a meal(s) to your registration before the beginning of Reunion, call the following phone numbers before 4:30 p.m on Wednesday, June 19:
- Saint Ben's Alumnae Relations office at 320-363-5682
- Saint John's Alumni Relations office at 320-363-3654
Join the Celebration!
Reunion festivities begin Friday morning with Alum College sessions on both campuses. A Memorial Service to celebrate CSB/SJU classmates who are no longer with us will be held at CSB, Sacred Heart Chapel at 5 p.m.
Friday night is the CSB/SJU Class Picnic on the Mall at Saint Ben's. Join us for dinner starting at 6 p.m.
If you are arriving on Saturday, don't miss...
- At Saint Ben's, plan to be at the Gorecki Family Theater in the Benedicta Arts Center by 10 a.m. so you can enjoy a mimosa before the Kick-Off! If you are running late and haven't checked in, please go straight to the Kick-Off. You may check in at the Gorecki Dining & Conference Center after the event.
- At Saint John's, plan to be at the Stephen B. Humphrey Theater by 9:45 a.m. so you can enjoy a bloody mary before the Reunion Kick-Off. If you're running late, you may check in at Brother Willie's Pub in Sexton Commons after the event.
- Saturday afternoon is the CSB/SJU Class Picnic on the SJU Tundra.
Reunion App & Wireless Access
Download our app by searching "Reunion 2019" in the app store or you can also access the app online. Using the app during reunion weekend will allow you to be able to:
-View the complete weekend and bus schedules, explore all of the Alum College sessions, access campus maps and interact with fellow alums celebrating Reunion 2019.
-Keep your pulse on the most popular Alum College sessions and other reunion events by accessing the app's Activity Feed, which highlights useful comments, photos, ratings and more.
-Bookmark reunion events you're interested in and customize your weekend schedule.
-Receive announcements and obtain the most up-to-date information about what's going on the entire weekend.
-Earn points for your app activity that are added to the Leaderboard. Tap into your competitive side!
Wireless internet access is available for all Reunion attendees. Choose “Reunion” from the list of available networks. There is no password prompts or configuration needed. Reunion wireless access will be available until Sunday evening..
We all know that summer means road construction in Minnesota. Check current road conditions and allow plenty of time for your drive to campus.
MnDOT is currently working to improve the bridge over I-94 at Stearns County RD 159 (the Saint John's exit) in Collegeville. Motorists to follow detour signs along I-94 and local roads between Avon and Collegeville. I-94 will be open with periodic shoulder closures at the bridge.
For those coming to campus on I-94 W, in addition to the option of taking the detour past campus to Avon and then back, you might also consider taking Exit 160 to Co Hwy 2/Co Rd 2, turning left and then a quick right on Co Hwy 51 for 3 miles and then right on Co Hwy 159 onto campus.
We are excited to recognize our donors with a symbolic red icon on their name tag as a small gesture of our big thanks. Thank you for all that you do to continue the Saint Ben's and Saint John's legacy! We wouldn't be where we are today without your support.
If you'd still like to make a gift this fiscal year (July 1, 2018 - June 30, 2019), it's not too late. Make a gift now or when you check in so we can recognize you, too!
Make A Gift To CSB Make A Gift To SJU
If you have any questions now or throughout the weekend, please contact:
CSB Alumnae Relations Office at 320-363-5682 or csba[email protected].
See you this weekend!