Format of Proposal
The All College Thesis Proposal, due at the end of your junior year, should include:
- A title page including your name and the date.
- A page with the names of your advisor, your two faculty readers, and the department chair. Confirm that you have support from all these people for your project. (See Sample Signature Page.)
- A statement of the purpose of the project and its value within the discipline chosen.
- A preliminary outline of the project.
- A preliminary bibliography.
- A four sentence summary of the proposal.
The proposal should be submitted electronically to Lindsey Gutsch ([email protected]). Ideally, proposals should be submitted at the end of your junior year. In some cases, students may not be able to meet this deadline because they get a late start or if they depend upon summer research to solidify the substance of the proposal. In this case, students should submit the Thesis Proposal by October 15th. Students working on creative projects should speak with their advisors to decide if a bibliography is appropriate.
Click here to download and view a sample All College Thesis Proposal.