togetHER aims to inspire the College of Saint Benedict’s high-achieving first and second year women of color to become both local and global leaders by engaging in academic exploration, service-based leadership, and community building.
togetHER is a semester long commitment which will launch in the Spring of 2023.
We are seeking to create a community that provides historically excluded BIPOC women with opportunities to engage in professional and service-based experiences, develop their personal and unique brand of leadership, and increase their self-assurance to diversify the amount of Saint Ben’s students in male-dominated academic programs including but not limited to Global Business Leadership, Accounting and Finance, Entrepreneurship, and Economics.
Through personal and group experiences, togetHER will:
- Create a safe space for women of color at CSB.
- Close the gender gap within majors such as Economics, Global Business, and Accounting and Finance.
- Work together to create a product or service that will lead to sustainable change.
- Develop strong future leaders on the College of Saint Benedict’s campus. Develop students' ability to advocate for themselves and others inside and outside the classroom (catalysts for change).
- Participate in social interactions together to gain knowledge and experience in different skills, such as networking, leadership, and community building.
- Provide opportunities for students to grow their networks through XPD and Alumnae Relations.
- Provide Scholars the tools to navigate and reduce feelings of Imposter Syndrome.