Admission Young Alum Ambassador
Primary Staff Contact: Carol Gadd-Marshall
Purpose of Position: Provide prospective students with information and experience about specific CSB+SJU preprofessional programs, majors and careers in targeted areas.
- Connect one on one, at the direction of admission staff with prospective students exploring grad school or career options. One-on-one connections can be in person, via the phone, Zoom, e-mail or text.
- Share personal experiences about your CSB+SJU experience.
- Share personal experiences about how your CSB+SJU experiences prepared you for grad school or a professional career in your field.
- Respond to prospective student questions.
- Submit a report of volunteer activities with the admission department including time and mileage.
- Must be an alumna of CSB or an alumnus of SJU within 10 years of graduation
- Be enrolled in a graduate program, or in a professional career in the following areas: Medicine, OT, PT, PA, Engineering, Accounting & Finance, or Business, or others as determined by admission staff
- Must have completed required CSB+SJU admission training
- Be current with college and university statistics (At A Glance, demographic profile of both institutions,institutional history, coordinate details)
- Be generally familiar with the admission process (application process and deadlines)
- General knowledge of financial aid (merit-based aid and need based aid, FAFSA)
- Maintain current awareness of frequently asked questions and supporting responses
- 30-60 minutes to connect with prospective student on an on-call basis.
- An additional 30-60 minutes if needed to follow-up, check-in, answer additional questions
- Positive connection to CSB+SJU
- Skill development in areas of mentoring, recruitment, and persuasion
- Meeting the next generation of Bennies and Johnnies