Bennies and Johnnies conduct cancer research, compete in athletics, compose symphonies and create a lifetime of connections.
See the video. Campus overview.
Bennies and Johnnies Are Involved
- US News & World Report called Bennies and Johnnies "hyperactive" because eighty percent of our seniors reported being involved on campus compared to just fifty percent at liberal arts colleges nationwide.
- Our high level of student engagement combined with our residential campus community leads to a vibrant, 24/7 lived experience.
- CSB/SJU is not a suitcase school. With more than 100 student-run clubs and 300 events and activities per year, there is always something happening on campus.
- Concerts, comedians, speakers, dances, capture the flag on Watab Island, concerts, the Maple Syrup Festival, Fruit at the Finish Triathlon, holiday meals, the rock-climbing wall and open mic nights are examples of the endless ways to engage with fellow community members on campus. We work hard to ensure campus is always buzzing with dynamic activities.
- Experience the traditions that make our community last a lifetime.
Athletics and Outdoor Recreation
- As NCAA Division III schools, we have highly competitive varsity teams. We also offer club sports, intramurals and personal fitness classes.
- The Outdoor Leadership Center (OLC) is student-run and provides equipment for students to rent, including; canoes, camping gear, hockey equipment, fishing poles, snowshoes and cross-country skis.
Volunteering and Campus Ministry
- Campus Ministry offers both national and international service trips. Additionally, urban plunges, prison ministry, and Alternative Break Experiences are a few of the many ways that students live out the Benedictine Values.
- Students can engage in their spirituality through a variety of opportunities on campus, including; Benedictine Friends, Companions on a Journey, Praise in the Pub and Men's Spirituality groups.
Art, Music and Theater
- We offer many opportunities for students to participate in fine arts on campus, including; choirs, ensembles, orchestras, pep-band and student-run theater performances. There are also approximately 40 professional performances brought to campus annually through Fine Arts Programming.
- Wood burning kilns can be found at both CSB and SJU. Learn more about the world-famous Saint John's Pottery.
- Students can engage in the lost art of paper making and book making in the Book Arts Studio.