Meet Roger Young
- Title: Director of International Admission
- email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (800) 544-1489 (U.S. only), Office: 320-363-2190, FAX: 320-363-3206
- Territory: International (F-1) students (foreign) worldwide, U.S. students living abroad, U.S. Trust Territories and Hawaii
- Hometown: St. Cloud, Minnesota, Saint Cloud Tech High School
- College: 1968 CSB/SJU graduate
- Major: Economics/Social Sciences
College Activities: I played varsity basketball for the Johnnies for two years, played other intramural sports, participated in Army ROTC and sang in the choir. After graduation I was stationed at Ft. Sill, Oklahoma, Ft. Ord, California and a year in Kontum, Vietnam.
Fun Facts: Recently, in “USA Today” there was a list of the top 10 international airports in the world and I realized I had been through them all!
Minnesota is the land of 10,000 lakes; love to fish and spend time “up north”. I also spend time fishing with friends and son in northern Canada every summer. Duluth, the San Francisco of Minnesota, is my favorite Minnesota city. Our daughter (CSB/SJU grad) has run in five Grandma’s Marathons.
As a freshman at CSB/SJU we were required to read John Howard Griffin’s book, Black Like Me in the summer of 1965 and be prepared to discuss it at orientation. Mr. Griffin came to CSB/SJU for a convocation and lecture as did Fr. James Groppi from Milwaukee. In the U.S. the Civil Rights movement was a national phenomenon at the time and this experience at CSB/SJU left an indelible mark on my life.
Books: The Confessions of Nat Turner, Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee, Sophie’s Choice, Dakota and North of Hope
Movies: “Lawrence of Arabia”,” The Color Purple”, “Forrest Gump”, “Saving Private Ryan” “Never Cry Wolf”, “Fargo” and “Juno”
International Cities: Hong Kong, Amman, Istanbul, Quito and Nassau
I like to write!