Meet Mike Orts
- Title: Admission Representative
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: 320-363-3240
- Territory: Twin Cities, Arizona, Louisiana and North Dakota
- Hometown: Oriska, North Dakota
- High School: Valley City
- College: 2009 CSB/SJU graduate
- Major/Minor: Social Science major with minors in Secondary Education and History
MY CSB/SJU EXPERIENCE
I absolutely loved my time on campus. I transferred in as a sophomore and wasn't sure how easy it was going to be to meet new people. My mind was quickly put at ease as I found out just how friendly and welcoming Bennies and Johnnies are. I was a member of the Johnnie football team (I like to say 4 time Scout Team All-American) and met so many great people through my experiences with the team. I also was a fixture in the community as a local DJ.
- Movies: Step Brothers, Varsity Blues, True Grit, Django Unchained, Coen Brother films and everything Will Ferrell has done.
- TV Shows: How I Met Your Mother, Eastbound and Down and Boardwalk Empire.
- Music: I have yet to meet anyone who has a musical taste as wide (or weird) as mine. Some of my favorites include O.A.R, Dave Matthews Band, Kings of Leon, Foo Fighters, Breaking Benjamin, 2Pac, Drake, Kid Cudi, Wiz Khalifa, Kendrick Lamar, Garth Brooks, George Strait, Zac Brown Band, Kenny Chesney, Rober Earl Keen Jr., Jason Aldean, 80's Hair Bands, Neil Young.....you get the point...I love music and actually enjoy commuting so I get the chance to listen to music!
- Foods: Steak and all things beef
- Pastimes: If I'm not busy getting great people to CSB/SJU, I'm probably working on the family ranch back in North Dakota. I also spend a ton of time following my sports teams (Texas A&M athletics, Spurs, Cowboys, Twins and Wild). If I'm not doing any of those things, then I'm probably spending time with my lovely wife, Anna, a Bennie alum.