- Title: Assistant Director of Admission
- Territory: Twin Cities and California
- Email: [email protected]
- Phone: 320-223-9360
- Hometown: Stafford, Virginia
- High School: Stafford Senior High School
- College: CSB/SJU graduate
- Major: Communication
- Study Abroad: I studied in London for a semester with 29 other Bennies and Johnnies. I went to 13 plays/musicals. I visited six other cities in Europe. I took a British Food and Culture class. I interned at Ocean Media Group and helped plan conferences and award ceremonies. The BEST way to spend a semester in my opinion!!
- Entrepreneur Scholars: I spent three semesters coming up with a business idea and learned how to launch it. My cohort met with business leaders in San Francisco, Phoenix, and China!
- Theater and Music and Dance, oh my!: My first on-campus job was in the costume shop where I learned how to sew! I performed in The Bacchae and two student-directed productions. I took a choir, a harp, a guitar, a voice and two piano classes. *Note: My last music class before college was 5 th grade chorus. I taught dance lessons with Ballroom Dance Club and performed in the Spring dance show my first year. I later danced at Festival of Cultures, Exploring Latin American Cultures’ annual Quinceañera and Asia Club, Korean-American Cultural Club and China Cross Cultural Communication Club’s Asian New Year.
- Institute for Women’s Leadership: I served as the Program Coordinator during my senior year. I planned self-care, body positivity and women’s leadership events alongside inspirational Bennies.
- Tour Guide: I worked in the Admission Office my first three years of college. I walked families around both campuses while answering questions and sharing my love for CSB/SJU. Here, I found some of my lifelong friends!
- Orientation Leader: I mentored incoming Bennies and Johnnies as they transitioned from high school to college. I loved watching my “kiddos” learn and grow.
- I am the first in my family to be born in the United States.
- I auditioned for Disney in middle school, got a callback, but couldn’t make it.
- I love trying new foods and testing new recipes. Follow along @cathyscravings on Instagram!
Why Cathy Chose CSB/SJU:
My cousins, who are Johnnie alums, suggested I check out Saint Ben’s and Saint John’s when I applied for college. I thought, “Why would I want to go to a private, Catholic, women’s college?” I dreamed of attending a big school, I’m not Catholic and I couldn’t stand the idea of being surrounded by women 24/7. When I visited the campuses during a fly-in weekend, I realized my assumptions were ALL wrong. ( Contact me to learn why they were wrong!) I felt at home due to the sense of community and could see myself spending four years here (and more!)