Online Accounting Courses
CSB/SJU is offers a highly interactive summer online accounting course:
- ACFN 330A-01A: Government & Nonprofit Accounting, 3 credits
Faculty Moderator - Ben Trnka
Principles of accounting and reporting for governmental units and not-for-profit institutions and organizations.
Prerequisite: Intermediate 1
Here are some of the particulars for the conduct of the 2019 summer online courses.
- Classes are eight weeks in total. There will be about two to three hours per week of 'class' time; along with your study and homework, students should plan to spend a total of nine to ten hours a week on the course. 'Class' time will be quite interactive for an online course.
- We provide a variety of videos, electronic office hours (where we can chat face-to-face using technology) and live lectures, where students will have the ability to ask questions, just like an in-the-seat class.
- Given the various work schedules that students have, we record all the live lectures. Thus, if students cannot 'attend', they shall view the material at their own schedule.
- Tuition is "per credit" and set by the university; the course is 3 credits. Students who are not currently enrolled at CSB/SJU are charged an additional $50 application fee.
Students will need an internet connection. Students are required to have a microphone and a webcam (camera) to facilitate interaction in the class.
How to register:
CSB/SJU current students: email the Registrar's Office noting the course(s) desired.
Non CSB/SJU students: complete a Data Collection Form and submit it. Direct any questions to the Registrar: [email protected]