(Courses will NOT carry engagements, QR, or Ways of Thinking.)
- College Success (INTG 105): Must be completed in the first year
- Learning Foundations (INTG 100): Must be completed in the first year.
- Learning Explorations: 2 credits (Required if Learning Foundations is not completed at CSB/SJU)
- Cultural and Social Difference: Identity (CSD 100 OR CI designation) Must be completed in the first year, can be taught in any department, and can count towards majors. May be 100 or 200 level.
- Theological Explorations (THEO 100) Course must be completed in the first 3 semesters.
Ways of Thinking and Themes
Ways of Thinking: 5 courses
- Abstract Structures (AS designation)
- Artistic Expression (AE designation)
- Human Experience (HE designation)
- Natural World (NW designation)
- Social World (SW designation)
Themes: 3 courses in either Justice, Movement, or Truth
Student must have 3 different courses in the same theme. Students must complete themes in no fewer than two separate departments and courses may or may not have an associated way of thinking. Students must complete at least one thematic focus course with any combination of two other themed courses. (i.e., two Thematic Encounter at any level, one Thematic Encounter and one Thematic Focus, or two more Thematic Focus courses.) Students should complete Learning Foundations and Cultural & Social Difference: Identity courses before taking a Thematic Focus course.
- One Thematic Focus course
- 200 or 300 level, typically a sophomore level course
- Students should complete Learning Foundations and Cultural & Social Difference: Identity courses before taking a Thematic Focus course.
- Two additional courses with the same Theme (maybe either Thematic Encounter or Thematic Focus courses)
- Must be from at least two different academic departments
Upper Level Coursework
- Theological Integrations (TI designation)
- Course may carry engagements. Prerequisite: Theological Explorations
- Cultural and Social Difference: Systems (CSD 200 or 300)
- Course may carry engagements. Prerequisite: Cultural and Social Difference: Identity
- Learning Integrations
- To be completed senior year.
- Senior standing and a member of either the junior or senior cohort
- Completion of THEO 100, CSD:I, INTG 100/200
- Theological Integration (TI)
- TI course is a pre or co-requisite for enrollment in Learning Integrations until Spring 2024
- Starting in Fall 2024, TI is a pre-requisite for enrollment in Learning Integrations
- Completion of 1 Thematic Focus and 2 Thematic Focus or Thematic Encounter courses in the same theme are pre- or co-requisites
Global Language Proficiency
- Successful completion of intermediate level (211) language or proficiency examination.
- Quantitative Reasoning (QR designation): Attached to an existing course
- Benedictine (BN designation): Attached to an existing course
- Engagement Requirements (AR, EX, GL designations)
- Students will upload specific artifacts at the conclusion of each IC course to their e-Portfolio
Other Graduation Requirements
- 124 Total Credits
- 40 Upper-Division Credits
- 2.00 GPA (both cumulative and major)