Policy on Syllabi
All courses require a syllabus. The syllabus must be available on the first day of class. Course syllabi are required to include the following components:
- CSB/SJU course identification
- Course prefix and number (ex. COLG 100); topics courses include a letter (ex. COLG 100A)
- Semester and year the course was offered (ex. Spring 2019)
- Instructor name and contact information
- Catalog description of the course (all sections must adhere to the published academic catalog description)
- Faculty may include additional, more detailed information about the course.
- Student learning outcomes (all sections must have the same core student learning outcomes); faculty may add additional outcomes as appropriate.
- Assignments and grading procedures
- Describe how the instructor will compute final grades.
- Identify required exams and assignments.
- List required meetings and events that occur outside of regular class times.
- State S/U policy (see Academic Catalog for the institutions’ Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory policy).
- Required textbooks or course materials.
- Links to institutional policies:
- A permanent copy of the syllabus (for example, as a pdf) must be submitted to the department chair/coordinator