Foundational Courses (Courses will NOT carry engagements, QR, or Way of Thinking.)
- College Success (INTG 105): Must be completed in the first year
- Learning Foundations (INTG 100): Must be completed in the first year.
- Learning Explorations: 2 credits (Required if Learning Foundations is not completed at CSB/SJU)
- Cultural and Social Difference: Identity (CSD 100 OR CI designation) Must be completed in the first year, can be taught in any department, and can count towards majors. May be 100 or 200 level.
- Theological Explorations (THEO 100) Course must be completed in the first 3 semesters.
Ways of Thinking and Themes
Ways of Thinking: 5 courses
Students will take 5 different Way of Thinking courses (4 credits in each Way of Thinking). Students cannot count more than 2 different Ways of Thinking in any 1 department or program. One course may carry 2 Ways of Thinking if the course is co-taught by 2 different instructors who applied for the course to carry 2 Ways of Thinking.
- Abstract Structures (AS designation)
- Artistic Expression (AE designation)
- Human Experience (HE designation)
- Natural World (NW designation)
- Social World (SW designation)
Themes: 3 courses in either Justice, Movement, or Truth
Student must have 3 different Way of Thinking courses in the same theme. One course in the theme must be Thematic Focus and the other two in Thematic Encounters.
- Thematic Focus: 1 course
- 200 or 300 level, typically a sophomore level course
- Prerequisites: Foundational course requirements completed
- Thematic Encounters: 2 courses
- One of the two courses must be at the 300 level.
Upper Level Coursework
Global Language Proficiency
- Successful completion of intermediate level (211) language or proficiency examination.
- Quantitative Reasoning (QR designation): Attached to an existing course
- Benedictine (BN designation): Attached to an existing course
- Engagement Requirements (AR, EX, GL designations)
- Students will upload specific artifacts at the conclusion of each IC course to their e-Portfolio
Other Graduation Requirements
- 124 Total Credits
- 40 Upper-Division Credits
- 2.00 GPA (both cum and major)