CSB Presidential Search and Transition
July 14, 2014
Dear members of the College of Saint Benedict community,
Since this spring, when Dr. Mary Dana Hinton was selected as the fifteenth president of College of Saint Benedict, a presidential transition team has been working to develop a collaborative and inclusive transition plan for the first year of Dr. Hinton's presidency.
The transition team created task forces to identify a series of priorities that were submitted to President Hinton for her consideration during her first year. The task forces and their assigned leaders are listed below. Great care has been taken to balance internal and external activities, and the president's office is now working to discern how President Hinton can accommodate as many priorities as her schedule will allow.
As the president's schedule is finalized, campus community members will have opportunities to meet Dr. Hinton at a variety of events and venues. In addition to smaller meetings that will be announced in the fall, faculty and staff will have an opportunity to meet Dr. Hinton at the All Community Forum on August 19, the Faculty Workshop on August 20, and Inauguration on September 21.
Rita Knuesel, provost, and Harvey Jewett, CSB trustee, are currently co-chairing the Presidential Transition Team, which will continue to meet to assess progress and monitor implementation of the transition plan. We thank Kim Motes for her past service as co-chair with Harvey Jewett, and for her work in leading the creation of the plan.
Thank you for your interest and investment in a successful presidential transition.
Rita Knuesel, Provost
Harvey Jewett, CSB Trustee
Presidential Transition Task Forces
- Academic/Faculty: Rita Knuesel
- Administration/Finance: Sue Palmer
- Campaign Advancement: Heather Pieper-Olson
- Coordinate Relationship: Rita Knuesel
- External Relations and Communications: Heather Pieper-Olson
- Governance/Board Relations: Harvey Jewett
- Inauguration: Kathryn Enke
- President's Office Operations: Kathryn Enke
- Religious Relations: Mary Geller
- Relocation/Renner House: Kathryn Enke
- Strategic Directions 2020: Susan Palmer
- Students/Residence Life: Mary Geller