Popup Blocker Instructions
If you're having trouble launching DegreeWorks from Banner Self-Service, you may need to change your Pop-up Blocker settings. Blocking pop-ups may interfere with some of our websites when attempting to launch DegreeWorks.
If you receive a message saying a pop-up was blocked or an additional page does not open after clicking DegreeWorks, you may need to change your pop-up blocker settings so that you can access the DegreeWorks site. Please refer to the information below on how to disable pop-up blockers (depending on the security level you choose) in several major browsing applications.
Internet Explorer (use any of these options to turn off Pop-up Blockers)
- Go to Tools, Pop-up Blocker, Turn Off Pop-up Blocker.
- Go to Tools, (at this point, Pop-up Blocker should not be turned off) Pop-up Blocker, Pop-up Blocker Settings, then in the Address of Website to Allow area-add https://ssb.csbsju.edu click Add button.
- Go to Tools, Pop-up Blockers, Under Filter level at bottom of screen, use drop down arrow. Choose Low: Allow pop-ups from secure sites.
- Go to Tools, Internet Options, Choose Security tab, click on green check mark-Trusted Sites, click on Sites button, add this website to the zone- https://ssb.csbsju.edu click Add button.
Safari (used with Apple-use any of these options to turn off Pop-up Blocker)
- Go to Safari, click on the Safari menu, make sure that Block Pop-Up Windows is not checked.
- Go to Safari, click on Preferences, Security, make sure that block pop-up windows is not checked
- Go to Options, select the Web Features Icon, un-check the Block pop-up Windows option. Click Apply and OK to close the options window.
- Click Allowed Sites, enter this address: https://ssb.csbsju.edu, click OK.
- Go to Firefox, click on Preferences, make sure that block pop-up windows is not checked.
Allow all pop-ups
You can allow all pop-ups by disabling the pop-up blocker. Follow these steps:
- Click the Chrome menu on the browser toolbar.
- Select Settings.
- Click Show advanced settings.
- in the "Privacy" section, click the Content settings button.
- In the "Pop-ups" section, select "Allow all sites to show pop-ups." Customize permissions for specific websites by clicking Manage exceptions.