Meet Katie McCarney
- Title: Assistant Director of Admission
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 800-544-1489
- Territory: Oregon, Washington, New York, several Twin Cities schools (Cretin-Derham Hall, Hill-Murray, Visitation, South St. Paul, Simley, Park, Henry Sibley, Maple Grove, Perpich Center for Arts Education), and home schooled students
- Hometown: Litchfield, Minnesota
- High School: Litchfield High School/Home Schooled
- College: 2004 CSB/SJU graduate
- Major/Minor: History/Art History
College Activities: I participated in the Greco-Roman study abroad program, lived in the Health and Wellness living community and performed in both the Chamber Choir and Wind Ensemble. I did alternative spring break service trips to New Orleans and the Kentucky Appalachians as well as volunteering for Campus Ministry and the Admission Ambassador program. Academically, I was also a member of the Honors Program, completed an Honors Senior Thesis, and I had student jobs on campus with the Fine Arts Programming and History Departments.
Fun Facts: I love to travel! After graduating from CSB, I spent a year teaching at a university in Guangdong Province, China. I had an amazing experience teaching, and also got to travel around China for two months-- trekking through the rainforest near the Laos border, hiking along the Great Wall, exploring the emperor's "Forbidden City" in Beijing, visiting tiny ethnic villages, eating incredible Chinese food, and meeting friends that I will keep for a lifetime. Since then, I keep travelling internationally every year to places like India, Hong Kong, Korea, Italy, Croatia & Bosnia, Hungary, Argentina, and more. My list of places I want to visit keeps getting longer and longer!
I love to travel and take every opportunity I get!
- Trying on a yukata in Japan
- With a fisherman in Yangshuo, China
- Hanging out in Toronto, Canada