Graduate Exam Information
GRE (Graduate Record Exam) - www.gre.org
LSAT (Law School Admission Test) - http://www.lsac.org/jd/lsat/about-the-lsat.asp
- The Law School Admission Test (LSAT) is a half-day, standardized test administered four times each year at designated testing centers throughout the world. The test is an integral part of the law school admission process in the United States, Canada, and a growing number of other countries. It provides a standard measure of acquired reading and verbal reasoning skills that law schools can use as one of several factors in assessing applicants. In order to take the LSAT, applicants must pay both the LSAT fee and the Credential Assembly Service (CAS) Fee.
LSAT Standard Fee: $170
GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test) http://www.mba.com/mba
- The Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) is designed to assess an individual's analytical, writing, quantitative, verbal, and reading skills in standard written English in preparation for being admitted into a graduate management program. All GMAT tests are computer based. The test is available, year-round, at test sites around the world. Visit http://www.mba.com/us/the-gmat-exam/register.aspx for registration details.
- GMAT Fee: $250
MAT (Miller Analogy Test) http://www.milleranalogies.com/
- The Miller Analogy Test (MAT) assesses analytical skills and academic content critical to success in graduate education and has proven to be a reliable and valid test for assessing candidates for graduate school.
- The nearest testing center to CSB/SJU is St. Cloud State University.
- For additional information regarding the MAT and testing procedures, visit http://www.stcloudstate.edu/testingcenter/mat.aspx
- To register for the exam, call the Testing Center at St. Cloud State University (320-308-5456) or email: [email protected]
- MAT Fee: $85, payable by check (written to SCSU), money order or cash.
MCAT (Medical College Admission Test)
- The Medical College Admission Test (MCAT) is a standardized, multiple-choice examination designed to assess the examinee's problem solving, critical thinking, and knowledge of science concepts and principles prerequisite to the study of medicine. Scores are reported in Physical Sciences, Verbal Reasoning, and Biological Sciences. The MCAT is required by most medical schools.
- The MCAT is offered multiple times from late January through early September, and offered at hundreds of test sites. Morning and afternoon sessions are available on weekdays and Saturdays.
- MCAT Fee: $275
For information regarding admission tests for DENTAL, VETERINARIAN, OPTOMETRY, etc., visit the Career Resource Centers, Academic Services Building, CSB; Mary Hall 25, SJU; or with your advisor.
Additional information and links available on the Career Homepage, www.csbsju.edu/career.
Check appropriate registration booklets for testing locations and details.