Vision: Zero Carbon transportation within 10 years- including transportation between the two campuses.
- Reduce transportation related greenhouse gas emission, including business air miles, communting, campus vehicles, and the Link by 2% by 2018.
- Reduce the use of fossil fuels used by the campus fleet by 2% by 2018.
- Reduce the number of cars on campus by 2% by 2015.
- Minimize individual trips by car between the two campuses.
- Fine tune the system for tracking faculty, staff, and student commuting miles and develope a reduction goal.
- Promote safe biking on campus and between campuses.
CSB & SJU are now home to two propane busses! Propane burns cleaner than diesel reducing carbon emissions.
Knowing that our emissions from the LINK affects our carbon footprint and our pledge to achieve carbon neutrality by 2035, the Transportation Department extensively researched options that would lower cost and emissions.