Vision: CSB will work to develop an education initiative, including faculty, staff, students, and the community that systematically builds understanding of sustainability and implementation of sustainable processes; a curriculum that broadly infuses sustainability across disciplines so that CSB graduates have a basic knowledge of the important role sustainability plays in their chosen profession.
- Provide annual sustainability-related professional development opportunities for staff beginning in 2012.
- Faculty development opportunities in sustainability will be offered annually.
- Institutionalize the "Blue Stem Project," modeled on the Pondersoa and Piedmont Projects for faculty training in the inclusion of sustainability in course curricula.
- Students will have the option to achieve a sustainability certification as part of their academic experience by the 2015-2016 academic year.
- 20% of professors are offering sustainability related content in their courses by the 2015-2016 academic year.
CSB has also hosted a variety of event to engage students outside the classroom: