Proxy Instructions for Web Time Entry
- Accessing Banner Web Self Service
- Approving Timesheets as a Proxy
- Viewing Timesheet Details and/or Changing Hours
- Printer Friendly Version of Acting as a Proxy Instructions
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Choose A-Z index
- Choose B – Banner Web Self Service
- Enter secure area
- Enter Banner ID
- Enter password
- After accessing Banner Self Service
- Access “Employee”
- Choose “Time Sheet”
- Choose “Approve or Acknowledge Time”, under “Act as Proxy” choose the name of the person you are acting as a proxy for, and click “Select”
- Choose the department and month you are approving time for and how you want the names to be sorted and click “Select”
- If you would like to see the details of the timesheet or need to change the hours see the instructions below.
- If you do not need to change the hours or want to see the details check the box under “Approve or FYI” for the timesheet(s) you want to approve.
- Click “Save”
- To view the complete timesheet click on the students name
- If you need to change hours click “Change Record” and see instructions below.
- Click “Enter Hours” next to “Regular Earnings” on a day that you want to record hours
- Enter the number of hours the student worked that day and click “Save”
- Click “Next” to progress through the weeks
- Important: Do not use the internet explorer forward and back buttons when using web time entry; this causes errors. Instead use the menu options in Banner Self Service.
- When hours are correct click “Approve”
- If you accidently submit the timecard, and wish to make changes, click "Return Time" at the bottom of the timecard. Please re-submit the timecard when finished.
As a proxy you may have the same questions as supervisors. Click here to view the Supervisor Frequently Asked Questions.