Proxy Instructions for Web Time Entry
- Accessing Banner Web Self Service
- Approving Timesheets as a Proxy
- Viewing Timesheet Details and/or Changing Hours
- Printer Friendly Version of Acting as a Proxy Instructions
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Choose A-Z index
- Choose B – Banner Web Self Service
- Enter secure area
- Enter Banner ID
- Enter password
- After accessing Banner Self Service
- Access “Employee”
- Choose “Time Sheet”
- Choose “Approve or Acknowledge Time”, under “Act as Proxy” choose the name of the person you are acting as a proxy for, and click “Select”
- Choose the department and month you are approving time for and how you want the names to be sorted and click “Select”
- If you would like to see the details of the timesheet or need to change the hours see the instructions below.
- If you do not need to change the hours or want to see the details check the box under “Approve or FYI” for the timesheet(s) you want to approve.
- Click “Save”
- To view the complete timesheet click on the students name
- If you need to change hours click “Change Record” and see instructions below.
- Click “Enter Hours” next to “Regular Earnings” on a day that you want to record hours
- Enter the number of hours the student worked that day and click “Save”
- Click “Next” to progress through the weeks
- Important: Do not use the internet explorer forward and back buttons when using web time entry; this causes errors. Instead use the menu options in Banner Self Service.
- When hours are correct click “Approve”
- If you accidently submit the timecard, and wish to make changes, click "Return Time" at the bottom of the timecard. Please re-submit the timecard when finished.
As a proxy you may have the same questions as supervisors. Click here to view the Supervisor Frequently Asked Questions.
Do not use the internet explorer forward and back buttons when using web time entry; this causes errors. Instead use the menu options in Banner Self Service.