How to Find a Job
Verify That You are Currently Eligible to Work
Verify that You are Currently Eligible to Work
- Please visit that Am I Eligible to Work? page of our website to make sure that you are currently eligible to work on campus.
- If you have any questions on your eligibility status as a student employee, please contact the Student Employment Office.
To Find Your Own Job
This option allows you to complete a traditional job search. You can view job postings online and apply for jobs that interest you.
Remember to complete a Notification of Hiring (NOH) form after you accept a job offer from a supervisor.
View Available Positions
- All open positions are posted on the CSB/SJU Student Employment Jobs website at www.csbsju.edu/sejobs.
- Select Fall 2009.
- Enter the your CSB/SJU username and password.
- Click on the job title to view a full job description.
- The jobs website is updated every weekday. You can sort by date to see which job postings are new.
Apply for Positions
- Follow the link or directions at the bottom of the job description to apply. Most positions have an online application.
- Apply to more than just a couple of departments. Jobs are competitive and it is important for you to be proactive in your job search. Some departments may have as many as 25-30 applicants for one position.
- Check for new job postings regularly, not just one time.
- Proofread your application before submitting.
- Keep track of which jobs you applied for and when - it will make it easier to follow up.
- After you have applied to a position, follow up with the supervisor within one to two weeks to check the status of your application and to request an interview.
- Notify supervisor that you will accept the job.
- Complete the Notification of Hiring Form (NOH). You will need to know your supervisor's email address to complete the NOH.
To Be Placed in a Position
AT THIS TIME ALL JOB PLACEMENT POSITIONS HAVE BEEN FILLED.
If you choose this option the CSB/SJU Student Employment Office will place you in one of four departments. The department that you are placed in is determined based on information that you provide.