Each campus department or community service agency employing CSB/SJU students is invited to nominate an exceptional student employee or student employee team that contributes to the college/agency work environment in a special way. Application information will be distributed in December.
Friday, February 10, 2006 Individual nominations due
Friday, February 24, 2006 Team nominations due
- Undergraduate students employed on-campus or in community service agencies. Graduate students working in student employment positions (not Resident Advisors, Graduate Assistants or Teaching Assistants) are also eligible.
- Students must be employed for a minimum of 3 months full-time or 6 months part-time between June 1, 2005 and May 31, 2006 (anticipated).
- Student nominees will be evaluated on the following criteria: reliability, quality of work, initiative, professionalism and uniqueness of contribution.
- Team nominees will be evaluated on how well the team works collaboratively on a common project, service or goal. The selected team will need to exhibit synergy - where the team performs in a way that is greater than the sum of its parts.
- Teams must be comprised of the same membership for a minimum of 3 months full time or 6 months part time between June 1, 2005 and May 31, 2006 (anticipated).
Students will be evaluated on the following qualities:
- Quality of Work
- Uniqueness of Contribution
(In case of a tie, uniqueness of contribution will be the deciding factor.)
Teams will be evaluated on the following qualities:
- How well the team works collaboratively on a common project, service or goal
- Team synergy - where the team performs in a way that is greater than the sum of its parts
- That all team members are responsible to ensure the common goal is achieved and the absence of one member would be detrimental to the success of the team
- Each nominee and team, in addition to the nominating supervisor, is invited to an invitation only Recognition Breakfast on Tuesday, April 11, 2006
- Each nominee and team will have a photograph displayed on each campus during National Student Employee Week, April 9-15, 2006
- Each campus Student Employee of the Year will receive a certificate and congratulatory letter from MASEA (Midwest Association of Student Employment Administrators)
- The state winners will receive a certificate and check for $75.00 from MASEA
- The MASEA regional winner receives a plaque and a check for $150.00
- The MASEA winner will be submitted for the National Student Employment Administrators "Student Employee of the Year Program".