Saint John's School of Theology and Seminary, in collaboration with the CSB/SJU Department of Theology, invites graduate and undergraduate students who are studying theology to apply for a two-week paid position as a counselor at the Youth in Theology and Ministry Summer Institute June 10-25, 2016. Counselors will gain ministry skills in leadership, supervision, evangelization, small group facilitation, service-learning, and worship skills. The position is designed to help theology majors and minors and graduate theology students discern their call to youth ministry. Interviews will take place in late January/early February and positions will be offered by mid-February.
Job Title: Youth in Theology and Ministry (YTM) Counselor
Department/Agency: School of Theology and Seminary: YTM Program
Length of Position: March - June 2016
An applicant should seek to:
- An undergraduate theology major or minor or a graduate student with an interest in youth ministry or pastoral ministry. The position is also open to undergraduate students without a theology major or minor, but strongly interested in youth ministry or discerning a call to youth ministry.
- A student at the College of Saint Benedict or Saint John's University.
- Leadership experience in youth ministry.
- Ability to enjoy mentoring high school youth while enforcing rules.
- A completed criminal background check.
- Ability to attend all meetings and the entire Summer Institute (June 10-25, 2016).
Required Meeting/Work Dates:
- March 3, 2016; 4:30-6:30pm
- March 17, 2016; 4:30-6:30pm
- March 31, 2016; 4:30-6:30pm
- April 8-9, 2016; start 4pm on Friday, end 5:30pm Saturday (staff training retreat)
- April 21, 2016; 4:30-6:30pm
- May 2, 2016; 9-11am
- June 10-25, 2016 (Summer Institute)
Location: Saint John's University
Supervisor: Dr. Jeffrey Kaster, Director of Youth in Theology and Ministry
To apply for a position as a YTM counselor, click HERE.