Saint John's School of Theology·Seminary, in collaboration with the CSB/SJU Department of Theology, invites graduate and undergraduate students who are studying theology to apply for a two-week paid position as a counselor at the Youth in Theology and Ministry Summer Institute June 14-28, 2014. Counselors will gain ministry skills in leadership, supervision, evangelization, small group facilitation, service-learning, and worship skills. The position is designed to help theology majors and minors and graduate theology students discern their call to youth ministry. Applications for YTM Counselor positions are now closed.
Job Title: Youth in Theology and Ministry (YTM) Counselor
Department/Agency: School of Theology·Seminary: YTM Program
Length of Position: February - June 2014
An applicant should seek to:
- An undergraduate theology major or minor or a graduate student with an interest in youth ministry or pastoral ministry. The position is also open to undergraduate students without a theology major or minor, but strongly interested in youth ministry or discerning a call to youth ministry.
- A student at the College of Saint Benedict or Saint John's University.
- Leadership experience in youth ministry.
- Ability to enjoy mentoring high school youth while enforcing rules.
- A completed criminal background check.
Location: Saint John's University
Supervisor: Dr. Jeffrey Kaster, Director of Youth in Theology and Ministry