Pray Tell Blog Graduate Assistantship
Introduction: The blog on Pray Tell is part of the mission of St. John's School of Theology and Liturgical Press to promote scholarship and good pastoral practice regarding liturgy.
Application: Provide the following information in one to two pages:
- Title the document: Application for Pray Tell Blog Graduate Assistantship.
- List your name, email address, and the schools you have attended. Indicate which schools were public and which were private.
- List formal and informal studies in theology as well as any Church-related works.
- State briefly what Church-related blogs and periodicals you read, and what interests you in them.
- Describe your likely competence with technical aspects of blog maintenance as well as your general competence with computers.
- Email the attachment to email@example.com.
Criteria for Award Distribution:
- Applicants must be accepted into a master's degree.
- Selection of award recipients will be based on the strength of the application for the graduate assistantship. An oral interview by phone or in person is also required.
- Recipients receive an award package valued between $11,000 and $15,000 per academic year. The award is apportioned in two parts: A tuition scholarship ranging from 50% to 100% and a work award of $4,000 for 10-15 hours of work per week.
- Award packages can be renewed for up to three years pending satisfactory progress toward completion of the degree requirements and enrollment in consecutive academic terms of full time study.
- The work award is earned on an hourly basis and is processed through student payroll with options for payments to be deposited into a personal bank account or applied to the student's account.