Admission Requirements: Non-Degree Study
Official transcripts may be mailed to Director of Admission, Saint John's School of Theology and Seminary, P.O. Box 7288, Collegeville, MN 56321.
Letters of Recommendation
Graduate Certificate, Sabbatical, and Certificate in Spiritual Direction applicants must submit two letters of recommendation from educational or professional contacts. Click on the link, copy and paste the URL into an email to your recommenders: Recommendation Form.
- Religious Order Applicants: One of the two recommendations must come from a major superior with a statement of sponsorship.
- Clergy applicants: One of the two recommendations must come from a celebret from the bishop of the diocese
- Certificate of Spiritual Direction applicants: One of the two recommendations must come from your current spiritual director and the other from someone who knows you well within a church or other religious organization.
Note: Recommendations are reserved for those who have the right to review documents in the applicant's admission file. The applicant waives access to the information.
Letter of Intent
Graduate Certificate, Sabbatical, and Certificate in Spiritual Direction applicants must submit a letter of intent:
- Graduate Certificate and Sabbatical applicants: In 300 words or less, please describe why you are seeking non-degree studies at Saint John's.
- Certificate in Spiritual Direction applicants: In 500 words or less, address your interest in the certificate program. Describe your background and incorporate two or three experiences that illustrate why you could be a likely candidate for the program.
Documents can be submitted as email attachments to [email protected].
Graduate Certificate and Sabbatical applicants must submit a current résumé or CV.
Certificate in Spiritual Direction applicants must be at least 30 years of age. Persons under 30 years of age who would like to earn the Graduate Certificate in Spiritual Direction can complete everything except the practicum and final course, “Integrating Spiritual Direction.” Once the age requirement for admission to the program is met, the student can apply and take those final two classes.