Religious Cohort Program
Saint John's is pleased to offer religious the opportunity to simultaneously earn a Master of Arts in Theology and a Graduate Certificate in Spiritual Direction. The program requirements can be met with a combination of online and on campus coursework. Religious may also earn a certificate in Scripture or Liturgy or they may register for the courses for personal and professional enrichment.
- Fosters interaction among members of religious communities
- Broadens opportunities for religious in formation and continuing education programs
- Requires minimal time away from home and community
Certificate in Spiritual Direction - More Information...
1 credit Practice of Discernment in Prayer (offered fall, spring and summer)
9 credits Theology - 3 credits each in Scripture, Spirituality, and Prayer (online or on campus)
3 credits Ministry offered in summer sessions at Saint John's
6 credits Spiritual Direction Courses - rotated in summer sessions at Saint John's
3 credits Supervised Practicum in Spiritual Direction (Sep-Apr) between Summers II and III
22 credits total
Master of Arts in Theology with Concentrations in Scripture, Liturgy, or Monastic Studies
6 credits Introduction to Christian Tradition I and II
3 credits Doctrine or Moral Theology
3 credits Scripture
12 credits Major Concentration
6 credits Minor Concentration
6 credits Electives
6 credits Comprehensives
42 credits total
Graduate Certificate in Liturgy, Scripture, or Monastic Studies
9 credits in focus area
9 credits in areas of interest
Tuition and Fees
$390 per credit (2015-16 rate) Special rate for members of Religious Communities
(The regular degree-seeking rate in 2015-16 is $860 per credit)
- Religious may register for more than one course per term at the lower tuition rate.
- Registrants are encouraged to enroll in consecutive terms to complete a program of study in a timely manner.
- Religious, not in a degree or certificate program, may register for courses for personal enrichment at the lower tuition rate.