The J-Club is the booster organization that supports Johnnie athletics. Varsity, club and intramural sports benefit from the money raised by the J-Club.
The J-Club raises money through two annual appeals:
The fall J-Club appeal is our membership appeal. J-Club members can receive a two-person pass to all regular season home football, basketball and hockey games. Members can also chose to waive the passes and make their gift tax-deductible. To become a member, visit www.sjualum.com/j-club. Examples of recent J-Club support include:
- A $25,000 gift to the Athletic Department to kick-off the capital campaign for a new baseball field, soccer pitch, intramural fields, tennis courts and bubble dome.
- Travel for early spring baseball games.
- Purchase of new hockey team uniforms and goalie equipment
- Sponsorship of the annual Johnnie 3-on-3 basketball tournament
- Funding for wrestling team travel to the National Duals.
- Funding for ultimate frisbee team travel to nationals
- Funding for lacrosse team travel to nationals
- Providing J-Club blankets to all varsity team seniors
- Funding for football trip to Regina, Saskatchewan
The spring J-Club appeal is sent by varsity and club head coaches to alumni and parents connected with their programs. Money raised goes directly to the team and is used at the discretion of the head coach. These gifts are tax-deductible. To make a gift to a specific team, visit www.sjualum.com/athletics.
The Gagliardi Trophy
In partnership with Jostens, Inc., the J-Club presents The Gagliardi Trophy annually to the outstanding football player in NCAA Division III. The Gagliardi Trophy was first presented in 1993, and since that time it has become one of the leading collegiate football awards and is widely recognized as the premiere individual award in Division III football. The award honors excellence in athletics, academics and community service. Learn more about The Gagliardi Trophy.
Zach McBroom '02
Fr. Wilfred Theisen, OSB
Adam Herbst '99 and Tom Stock
J-Club Board of Directors
Tom Arth '66 (tennis)
Brian Baker '85 (wrestling)
Matt Boys '11 (baseball)
Bryan Dieleman '93 (soccer)
Blake Elliott '03 (football)
Mike Fahey '75 (cross country)
Tom Freeman '08 (hockey)
Jason Good '06 (football)
Tom Kubinski '86 (swimming)
Bob Loonan '83 (track)
Vic Moore '72 (basketball, baseball)
Dan Murphy '05 (track & field. cross country)
Jeff Norman '78 (football, baseball)
Joe Schoolmeesters '09 (golf)
Gus Stuhldreher '67 (baseball)
Are you interested in creating or joining an alumni club?
Contact Ted Kain '12,
Alumni Relations Officer,