Greg House

Year Built: 1907

Dates:

  • 1907: Originally constructed
  • 1933: Addition built
  • 1976: Became student housing
  • 1984: Renovated

Saint Gregory House (Greg House) was built in 1907 as an infirmary for students. This three-story brick building (40'x70') with basement, built of Menomonie sand-mould brick with Kasota stone trimmings, is located west of the Quadrangle Building. When it was first built, a solid brick wall divided the building in half so that the contagious diseases could be treated in quarantine. In 1933 a substantial addition was put on the west side of the building. The dividing wall was removed; the contagious cases were then to be treated on the third floor. A chapel was added on the first floor. A sun porch was constructed outside the third floor with its own staircase. The porch, which needed additional structural support, allowed for four new rooms to be added to the first and second floors. In 1976, when the present health center was built, Greg House became residential housing. It was renovated in 1984 and now has housing for 34 students in single, double, and triple rooms. Saint Gregory House is listed in the National Register of Historic Places.

For a more complete history of Saint Gregory House, please visit the Saint John's Archives

Available Room Types:

  • 8 Singles
  • 7 Doubles
  • 1 Double Suite
  • 2 Triples
  • Greg 104, 107, 204, 208, 304, 305, 308 - Single rooms
  • Greg 102, 105, 108, 202, 203, 302, 303 - Double rooms
  • Greg 201, 301 - Triple rooms
  • Greg 101 - Double suite
  • Greg 205 - RA room

Greg House Floor Plans (.pdf)
Website requires CSB/SJU username and password to access. If accessing from off-campus, you must put "ad\" in front of your username.

Room Amenities:

Building Amenities:

  • 1 Lounge/kitchen
  • 3 Common bathrooms/showers
  • Laundry room
  • Wireless Internet access
Contact Us

Residential Life & Housing
Sexton Commons 210
Saint John's University
Collegeville, MN 56321
(320) 363-3512

sjuhousing@csbsju.edu