Designed by Father Raphael Knapp, O.S.B., and constructed in 1912, this building houses the paint and finishing department of Saint John's.
As with many of the older buildings on campus, this structure is on its second life. Originally, it was designed to serve as a laundry, replacing the first laundry facility which stood on the shores of Lake Sagatagan and which now serves as a student boat house.
The paint and finishing department, headed by Mr. Rob Stoeckel, is comprised primarily of student employees from Saint John's University and The College of Saint Benedict. Much of the furniture on campus is constructed in the Woodworking Shop, using red oak from the property. The furniture receives its protective finish in this shop.