The Custodial Services building is located between Guild Hall and the Fire Station, on the western part of campus. The building houses the offices of the Custodial supervisory staff and also serves as a storage warehouse for custodial supplies.
The Custodial Services building was originally one of five army barracks which were sent to Collegeville from Camp Grant, Illinois in 1946 for use as dormitories after World War II. At the time, St. John's didn't have enough housing to accomodate the many returning veterans who headed to college on the GI bill, so the Federal Public Housing Association alloted the five army barracks to SJU.
The building has since been moved to it's current location and has undergone multiple renovations over the years.