Types of Saints ID Cards
Machine-readable photo ID cards are issued to eligible persons on both campuses. The card's type and the category of the cardholder are distinguished by the colored stripe and title on the card.
- Student Cards: Red Stripe - This card is issued to students (undergraduate, graduate, and continuing education). Cards are issued when it is verified that the person is currently registered for classes. Student cards expire when a student graduates, is not registered for classes, or leaves during the current academic semester.
- Preparatory Cards: Blue Stripe - This card is issued to students currently enrolled at Saint John's Preparatory School. Note - Preparatory cards are issued, at no charge, only once during the student's duration at the Prep School.
- Faculty/Staff Cards: Green Stripe - This card is issued to regular faculty and staff who present a verification form from the Human Resources Office. Cards are valid only while the cardholder remains employed as faculty or staff on either campus. An employee's card also expires upon retirement.
- Retiree-Faculty/Staff Cards: Blue Stripe - This card is issued to faculty and staff who have officially retired from campus. Verification from Human Resources is necessary to receive this card.
- Abbey Cards: Black Stripe - This card is issued to authorized Abbey members. These cards are valid only while this person is a member of the monastic community.
- Abbey Volunteer Cards: Black Stripe - This card is issued to authorized Abbey volunteers. These cards are valid only while this person is actively volunteering. Cards are to be returned to the Abbey Volunteer office upon departure from service.
- Special Uses Status/Guest Cards: Purple Stripe - Guest special-use cards are available for long term guests who will have a specific campus affiliation. These special-use cards include, but are not limited to: Collegeville Institute and the Pottery Studio. These cards are valid only while they are affiliated with either campus.
- Special Event Cards: The College of Saint Benedict and Saint John's University use special camp/conference ID cards, not defined by the above categories, that are used only during the summer months on either campus. These cards are maintained by the College of Saint Benedict and Saint John's University Special Events Office and Food Service.
Saints cards are NOT issued to spouses or children of current employees, spouses or children of students or alumni/alumnae.