New Student Checklist
College entrance physical examination within one year of attending SJU.
- 2 MMR (Measels, Mumps, Rubella)
- 1 TD (Tetanus-Diptheria) booster within 10 years
- Hepatitis B Series
- Meningococcal Vaccine
TB (Mantoux) test or normal chest x-ray is required for students determined to be in a "high risk" category at the discretion of the health care provider. High risk students would include international students from countries where TB is prevalent, students who work in high risk congregate settings, and those with certain clinical conditions. The Mantoux test or chest x-ray must be within one month of entrance to SJU.
Complete and return the SJU Medical History form by July 15 (physical exam requires a signature by an MD/NP/PA, and athletic clearance).
Medical insurance is required while attending Saint John's University. Carry an insurance card and understand your coverage. Student health insurance is available through Student Assurance Services (SAS). More information.
Assemble a Basic First Aid Kit
- Pain reliever, fever reducer (Tylenol, Advil, Aleve)
- Diarrhea medication (Imodium AD)
- Nausea medication (Axid, Dramamine, Tums)
- Band aids
- Antibiotic ointment
- Antihistamine tabs - for possible allergic reactions and/or insect bites
- Hydrocortisone cream
- Cough drops
- Cough syrup (over-the-counter)
- Ace bandage
- Sunscreen/insect repellent
- Medical History Form
- Domestic Insurance Brochure
- International Insurance Brochure
- Insurance Application