Your Primary Care Provider
A Primary Care Provider (PCP) is your partner in helping you get and stay healthy. Here is a look at how a Primary Care Provider helps you:
- Diagnose and treat personal medical problems.
- Conduct preventive medical screenings, based on medical risk factors and family history.
- Provide referrals to specialists if needed.
- Gets to know you and your health care needs and goals.
- Admit you to a hospital, if needed.
- Coordinate the efforts of various specialists who may be diagnosing and treating your medical problems.
- Serve as a valuable source of information about treatment options, drug interactions and effects and less expensive generic medications.
- See you in emergency situations so that you can avoid using the Emergency Room for non-emergency care, saving you time and dollars.