Liturgy and Worship
As a Benedictine institution, we are called to help form the faith community on our campus. In this spirit, we offer a variety of liturgy and worship opportunities throughout the academic year.
All are welcome to participate in our weekly Student Mass, held at the Saint John's Abbey and University Church at 9:00 PM. Please note that there is no Student Mass if there are no classes scheduled the following Monday. Students are invited to serve at these Masses and can participate in several ways:
- The Campus Ministry Choir leads the congregation in song. This unique ensemble sings a wide range of music, from Gregorian chant to contemporary choral music. The group rehearses every Sunday at 7:45 PM.
- Lectors proclaim the Old Testament reading, the Epistle, and also read the General Intercessions and collection announcement.
- Eucharistic Ministers serve the Body and Blood of Christ to the assembly during Communion.
- Hospitality Ministers greet assembly members as they enter the church and assist with collecting the money offering.
We offer Daily Mass every day that classes are in session. Come to Mary Chapel (Mary Hall #001) at 12:35 p.m. to participate in this Mass.
To celebrate the Jubilee Year of Mercy, Friday's daily mass will be held at the St. Peregrine Shrine (lower level of Abbey Church).
Ash Wednesday Liturgies
The Saint John's All Community Ash Wednesday Liturgy will be held on Wednesday, March 1, 2017, at 5:00 p.m. in the Abbey and University Church. Saint John's Campus Ministry will offer an Ash Wednesday Liturgy at 12:35 p.m. also in the Abbey and University Church. All are welcome!
There are several opportunities to receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation:
- Confessions are heard prior to every Student Mass in the lower Abbey Church, from 8:15 - 8:45 p.m.
Communal Reconciliation services are organized each Advent and Lent.
Students may also e-mail [email protected] to schedule a private time to receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation.
Other Worship Opportunities
CSB Student Mass
Sunday 6 p.m.
Abbey Church Eucharist
Weekdays at 5 p.m., Saturday at 11:30 a.m., and Sunday at 10:30 a.m.
Sacred Heart Chapel Eucharist
Monday-Thursday at 5 p.m., Saturday 11:30 a.m., Sunday 10:30 a.m.
St. Joseph Parish (St. Joseph) Eucharist
Tuesday-Friday at 8 a.m., Saturday at 5 p.m., Sunday at 7:30 and 10 a.m.
Saint John the Baptist Parish (Collegeville) Eucharist
Tuesday-Friday at 7:45 a.m., Saturday at 5:30 p.m., Sunday at 8:30 a.m.