CAMPUS ALERT: Due to the weather, all evening classes at CSB and SJU are canceled. The LINK bus will run on its regular schedule until 5 p.m. and then every hour on the hour for the remainder of the evening, weather permitting. Pre-scheduled campus and community events and college/university sponsored events scheduled at off campus locations may continue at the discretion of the divisional VP.

SJU Buildings on the National Register

Click here to see the PDF of the 1978 National Register of Historic Places nomination form for SJU's buildings.  Included is a short summary of the buildings included in the nomination as well as their significance.


Abbey & University Church of Saint John the Baptist   - 1958 [cornerstone] 1961 [dedication]

Auditorium-Music Hall   - 1928 

Blacksmith-Carpenter Shop (now the Woodworking/Physical plant building)  - 1903 

Butcher Shop - 1878 (currently the Electric Shop)

Engel Hall   - 1910 (now Simons Halls)

Gymnasium  - 1901 (now the Old Gym/Guild Hall)

Infirmary/Saint Gregory House   - 1907 

Laundry Building (now the Paint Shop)  - 1912

New (Breuer) Monastery Wing   - 1955 

Old Church (Great Hall) and Quadrangle  - 1868 [The various wings of the Quad were built in stages. The old church (Great Hall) comprises the northeast section of the Quadrangle; its cornerstone says 1879.  Its construction was completed in 1882.]

Old Garage and Fire Station   - 1919 (now the Maintenance Shop)

Power House   - 1945 

Saint Benet Hall   - 1921 

Saint Francis House   - 1904 (former convent)

Saint Joseph Hall  -1923

Smoke House  - 1878 

Wimmer Hall   - 1901 


National Register of Historic Places

Minnesota Historical Society's list for the Saint John's Abbey and University Historic District