Basics for Supervisors
January 2008 from 4:45 - 6:15 p.m. in Quad 264, SJU
Number of Attendees: 24
- Barb Fahnhorst, Director of Student Employment
- Angie Mareck, Assistant Director of Financial Aid
The basic role of supervisors was presented in many different formats:
- Angie shared her story of success as a student employee and as a staff member. She talked about the role that her supervisor played in helping her in her professional development and the development of transferable life skills.
- Through the use of scenarios, participants followed the process of hiring, interviewing, orientation/training and evaluation.
- Job Descriptions
- Posting a job opening
- Interview procedures (and legalities)
- Hiring procedures
- Orientation and Training
- Clear and concise job expectations
- Evaluating Performance – daily and annually
- Recognition of excellent performance
- Participants were divided into five small groups and were asked to reflect on each scenario as though they were a new supervisor at CSB/SJU. Three of the groups were asked to also think about the scenarios as though they were a new supervisor at a for-profit business (Target, Best Buy, etc.), and two of the groups were asked to also think about the scenarios as though they were a new supervisor at a non-profit business (Boys & Girls Club, Government, etc.)
- Participants then discussed each of these scenarios in their small groups and then shared their responses with the entire group.