CAMPUS ALERT: Due to the weather, all evening classes at CSB and SJU are canceled. The LINK bus will run on its regular schedule until 5 p.m. and then every hour on the hour for the remainder of the evening, weather permitting. Pre-scheduled campus and community events and college/university sponsored events scheduled at off campus locations may continue at the discretion of the divisional VP.
Basics for Supervisors
February 28, 2008, 4:15 to 5:15 p.m., Board Room, TRC, CSB
Number of Attendees: 13
Presenters: Barb Fahnhorst, Director of Student Employment, and Angie Mareck, Student Employment Coordinator
Guest speaker: Richard Crawford, Facilities Operation Manager for Fine Arts Programming
Summary: The basic role of supervisors was presented in several different formats:
- Richard shared his story of success as a student employee and as a staff member. He talked about the role that his supervisors played in helping him in his professional development.
- Through the use of scenarios, participants followed a supervisor in a major accounting firm through the process of:
- Posting a job opening (including company policies and procedures)
- Interview procedures (and legalities)
- Hiring procedures
- Orientation and Training
- Clear and concise job expectations
- Evaluating Performance – daily and annually
- Recognition of excellent performance
- Participants discussed each of these scenarios in small groups and then shared their responses with the entire group.