ViewIn Club Constitution
Article I: Name and Purpose
Section 1: Name
Section 2: Purpose/Mission
- ViewIn will use multimedia tools such as graphic design, video editing, website development, and event planning to develop marketing campaigns in order to achieve student, club and organization's desired outcome based on marketing strategy.
- ViewIn will provide students opportunities to practice and develop their professional skills of multimedia, communication and marketing in our activities.
- ViewIn encourage mutuality: Students, clubs and organizations can achieve better outcome by concentrating on their specialties to exchange their desired resources. Therefore, all services provided to students, clubs and organizations by ViewIn will based on fair exchanges of appropriate resources.
- ViewIn encourage international and intercultural communications：ViewIn will help students, clubs and organizations to market in multi-language to improve understanding among people with different culture backgrounds.
Article II: Membership
Section 1: Eligibility for General Membership
General membership of ViewIn is open to any CSB/SJU student regardless of race, gender, creed, sexual orientation, political affiliation, physical disability or ability, social status, or any otherwise distinguishing characteristics. Non-students are not allowed to be full members, but they can be non-voting, affiliate Members.
Section 2: Voting Member Criteria
Every general member who consistently participates in ViewIn's activities for at least one month could participate in board member voting process. The candidates of board members must consistently participate in ViewIn's activities for at least one semester, have projector leader experience and hold position related professional skills. Board membersfrom qualified candidates must be voted by the two-third majority current board membersand qualified general members.
Section 3: Removal of Members
Members are responsible for attending required club meetings, participating club tasks and contributing to ideas. If a member doesn't participate in our club activities for more than two months or doesn't attend our club meeting three times without notification, a board member will contact him/her. If he/she doesn't change his/her attitude and still doesn't respect our club, we will have a vote to remove him/her.
Member removal must be voted by the two-third majority vote from current board members and qualified general members.
Article III: Board members
Section 1: Board members Qualification
The candidates of board members must consistently participate in ViewIn's activities for at least one semester, have projector leader experience and hold position related professional skills.
Section 2: Elected Board members
Research & Development Director
Section 3: Duty of Board members
- Set agendas for all meetingsand preside all meetings-Run the election process-Make big events scheduleand special projectsfor ViewIn-Oversee all events and projects, and appoint members to oversee a particular project if necessary
- Sets vision/strategy with other members for ViewIn-Primary representative when contacting with clubs or organizations both on-campus and off-campus
- Assumes presidents duties in his/her absence or in time of need -Make big events schedule and special projects with president-Responsible for pushing club forward -Look for opportunities for growth
- Keep track of minutes of all club meetings and email them to the other board members -Club recorder and historian, keep record of events and activities
- Responsible for developing websites and applications.
- Solve technique problems
- Responsible for maintain and update our website and social networks -Publicize our events to CSB/SJU community and other schools oversea-Establishand executemarketing strategies for students, clubs and organizations
- Developandexecute art content, such as design, video editing based on marketing strategies
- Research information of clients
- Negotiate the detail of exchange
- Communicate with clients during developing and executing campaigns
- Keep record of exchange process, and the status of campaigns
- Supervise the exchange between ViewIn and clients
- Promote the idea of mutuality in campuses and community
Note: Clients are students, clubs and organizations that have already built an exchange relationship with ViewIn
- Keep all financial records -Submits monthly audit statements to CFB -Notify organization of financial issues -Prepares budget/allocation requests
- Board members are non-hierarchical. President and vice president are the organizer of meetings.
- Directors are responsible for developing his/her skills and knowledge, and training members interested in related fields. The number of directors is not limited to one.
- Project leaders could be any members of our club. They are responsible for executing their projects.
Section 4: Vacancy of Board members
In the event that any board member leaves those duties will be handed by other board members until a special election is held.(See Article IV)
Section 5: Removal of Board members
If a board member misses more than two meetings regardless of reasoning they will be contacted by President or Vice president to discuss their situation.
If a board member doesn't contribute our club for one month, President will contact him/her. If he/she doesn't change attitude and still doesn't respect our club, we will have a voting to remove him/her.
Three quarters of the board members and qualified general members must be present in order to vote on board member removal.
Board member removal must be voted by the two-third majority vote from current board members and qualified general members.
Advisor could give advice, but no voting right.
Article IV: Elections
Section 1: Election Procedures
An application process will be used for board member positions.
Board members from qualified candidates must be voted by the two-third majority current board members and qualified general members.
Method of Voting: Secret Ballot.
Section 2: Special Elections
Within two weeks of vacancy occurring, a special election will take place among qualified general members.
A qualified general member of the club will go through the interview process. Refer to section 1 of Article IV.
Article V: Advisor
Section 1: Selection
The board member votes and contacts the desired employee of CSB/SJU.
Club advisor should be supportive of the club's mission and have the capability of giving guidance and ideas for future development.
Section 2: Duties
The club advisor shall attend at least one board meeting each year.
Aid in shaping strategy and vision of ViewIn.
Article VI: Meetings
Section 1: Regular Meetings/Club Activities
Club meetings will take place around once per week on a specified day and location.
All decisions must be approved by a two-third majority.
Board members may be required to report their status of their jobs or projects.
Section 2: Special Meetings
A special meeting will be held when an unplanned situation occurs. It will follow the same format, and members will be notified through email.
Section 3: Parliamentary Authority
The president will direct the meetings and talk plans.
Board members report their related jobs or projects before.
Make decisions of next step must be approved by a two-third majority.
The president will assign tasks.
Section 4: Quorum
Two-third of Club membership must be present for official club business to occur.
Article VII: Committees
Section 1: Committees
Should it become necessary, the president has the authority to create committees to oversee certain activities within the club
Article VIII: Finances
Section 1: Co-Funding Board
We will apply for CFB monies and if allocated, we will follow all CFB and institutional regulations.
Section 2: Honorariums
No board members or general members will receive an honorarium/stipend from the organization.
Article IX: Amendments
Section 1: Ratification
If any member wants to amend the constitution they must adhere to the following guidelines:
Must make a proposal
Must present information to the board members
Board members have two weeks to review the proposal and to present the decision to the club
In order for the proposal to be amended, two-third of the club present at the next meeting must agree
Section 2: Submittal to Department of Student Activities and Joint Clubs Board
Any changes made to this constitution will be submitted to the department of Student Activities and the JCB.
ViewIn admits students without regard to their race, religion, color, sex, age, sexual orientation or national or ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, programs and other activities generally accorded or made available to members of the organization.
ViewIn considers hazing to be a degrading and destructive activity which is inconsistent with the standards of this student organization. ViewIn recognizes the dignity of every person and opposes all forms of hazing.